Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Matt Matic's Pentax dSLR Flash Guide

shim
Posted 30/03/2009 - 08:38 Link
johnriley wrote:
Quote:
Your work will never compare with professionals

I wouldn't discourage anyone like that, there are some very very good amateur photographers who are better than some professionals.

If you must quote someone, at least quote the FULL sentence not half a sentence completely out of context.

Anyone else complaining about "having to fork out £5" for Matt's book should remember that alternative's such as Strobist DVD 8 Disk Lighting Tutorial cost £111.35 inc. delivery from The Flash Centre. Whilst I would certainly complain about having to fork out £111.35 I fully understand that if I needed that knowledge, that's the going rate and thousands of people (85% amateurs) have found it to be excellent value and no doubt it is. Just look at what people (mostly amateur) have said about it on Flickr.

shim
MattMatic
Posted 30/03/2009 - 10:54 Link
Quote:
Clearly Matt you are a man who wears many hats, phtographic tech support, top notch photographer as well as a publisher. If Murdoch had any sense he would sign you up for his " newspapers". Keep up the good work and get well soon.

Thanks Joe
My main "work" hat is firmware design and coding - that involves a fair degree of technical writing too ( www.scannex.com ) But it's probably the analytical nature of my work that lets my head retain all this techno stuff on photography.
Photography is my artist outlet to stop the technical rot from setting in too deep! LOL!

Quote:
I seriously believe Pentax should buy the rights to reproduce Matt's book, and use it for a manual, with the flash units.
or at least tell people where to buy a copy.

Thanks Don That would be a nice thing to happen!

Quote:
cost £111.35

Shim - Now that's made me feel I've shortchanged myself!

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
JPC1970
Posted 09/04/2009 - 18:41 Link
Might have just got you some buisiness from the Pentax Forums website Matt.

link

Jason
K30 & 18-55mm WR.
Edited by JPC1970: 09/04/2009 - 18:42
MattMatic
Posted 10/04/2009 - 20:47 Link
Thanks Jason
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
daacon
Posted 24/04/2009 - 16:39 Link
Thanks Matt just signed up and send you payment for the Ebook - I struggle with my flash really hit and miss.
digitron
Posted 24/04/2009 - 18:48 Link
Just ordered, If it's anything like your posts. Insightfull and helpfull I'm on a winner. Looking forward to reading it, will be a big help selecting a flash for later use.
K10D + K20D + DA 18-55mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma 170-500mm, DA50-135mm F2.8, 50mm F1.7
mayday
Posted 31/12/2009 - 13:16 Link
Hi Matt - Just ordered your eBook after reading all the posts on the subject. Flash is an area I have left alone, mainly due to the time needed to absorb all the techie bits etc. Your book should get me sorted - many thanks
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.