Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Paypal caution?

Hardgravity
Posted 18/03/2009 - 08:23 Link
Quote:
Warning 1 of 1

PayPal may hold some of your payments in your account. PayPal will release the hold when you receive positive feedback or after 21 days without a buyer dispute, claim, chargeback or other action.

Note: This warning applies to all listings in the grid

I have positive feed back on all my sales, pay my invoices and have a verified account. The items on the list, 3 at the moment, are buy it now.

Why am I getting this warning?

Does everybody get it?

Comments please.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
Mike-P
Posted 18/03/2009 - 08:24 Link
Are they high value items?
johnriley
Posted 18/03/2009 - 08:33 Link
Can we have the link to have a look at the listings? Perhaps we can see something relevant then.
Best regards, John
Hardgravity
Posted 18/03/2009 - 09:16 Link
I haven't put them up yet John.

The items are a spotmatic 500 with non asahi lenses(£35), aMES and miranda lens (£20) and ink cartridge (£4).

Not high value or obscure items. The warning appeared when I started the process to list and calculated fees, I stopped at this point.
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
ttk
Posted 18/03/2009 - 09:18 Link
Have you check Paypal it's self and see if any info on your account about this:
Tel,
Hardgravity
Posted 18/03/2009 - 09:33 Link
When I visit paypal everything seems OK.

The account isn't in dispute, the account type is a premier.

I can't see anything wrong, unless it's picking on the fact that I have 3 buy it now items to list!
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
Mike-P
Posted 18/03/2009 - 09:34 Link
I know they have been doing this for some months now but as I have not listed anything for ages I have never come across it.
Hardgravity
Posted 18/03/2009 - 09:38 Link
Thanks Mike, that's usefull, it's a while since I used buy it now.

The last sales were auctions and I didn't get this warning, maybe I should just ignore it and place the items for sale.

Incidentaly the listing fees are 40p regardless of price asked, that seems a lot since I last used this format.
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
hefty1
Posted 18/03/2009 - 10:06 Link
I get the warning every so often but they've never *actually* withheld any money. It seems to come up when there's a trigger word somewhere in the description so check your listings for things like:

Flashgun
Pentax shooter
etc

A friend who was selling a pair of indicators for her old MX5 got one for the word repeater in the title, so they're not always obvious.

You'll find these listings don't appear immediately in searches (only in My eBay) as they have to be checked by human eyes before eBay unleash them on the general public - normally this is within a couple of hours after the listing is made but once I had to wait nearly 24 hours for an item to show up in the listings - not a happy bunny!
Joining the Q
johnriley
Posted 18/03/2009 - 10:29 Link
I suppose with so many items appearing and such dire legal consequences when things go wrong (for eBay, PayPal or any similar company that tends to get held responsible for everything bad out there) they have in place lots of automatic filters that create alerts.

I would just put the items up for auction and leave it at that. They might do better than BIN. If you have fixed prices, why not list those on this forum first to see if there are any takers - the Pentax stuff anyway.....
Best regards, John
Eastridge
Posted 18/03/2009 - 11:10 Link
They put a 'hold' on money I rcieved for a DVD (hardley high value) and I can't work out why, my situation didn't fit the described factors. It's not a real problem unless your buyer doesn't give you prompt positive feedback, mone did then I could get at the money.

I wouldn't take it personally or concern yourself too much, probably just some 'bug' in the software that governs these things.
Pete Bargh
Posted 18/03/2009 - 11:30 Link
Be careful of anything that is sent by email. Hover over the link that the email suggests you click on and check that it starts with www.paypal.co.uk and not www.xxxx.paypal or www.paypal.xxxxx there are plenty of spams out there at the moment. The page you go to is created by a fraudster it looks like ebay or a bank or paypal and asks for your password and user name.
Publisher
Magezine Publishing Ltd
iceblinker
Posted 18/03/2009 - 12:02 Link
I suspect you have received a fake email. Do not click any link in the email. Delete the email and login to your PayPal account in the normal way to see if there are any problems. I bet there are not.
~Pete
Hardgravity
Posted 18/03/2009 - 12:55 Link
Quote:
I would just put the items up for auction and leave it at that. They might do better than BIN. If you have fixed prices, why not list those on this forum first to see if there are any takers - the Pentax stuff anyway....

I did think of offering them here,I might just to see if there's any interest.

Just put the SP500 up for anyone interested, it's here
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
Edited by Hardgravity: 18/03/2009 - 13:05
jackitec
Posted 18/03/2009 - 13:46 Link
I had a fake paypal email a couple of weeks ago and reported it to Paypal and indeed it was if you suspect it's fake do not open any of the links on it report it and delete it.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.