Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Anyone know anything about this camera and lenses?

Petejel
Posted 28/07/2014 - 15:57 Link
Pentax p50 body with takumar lens 80mm, bell and howell 205mm, cobra flash, carrying strap, lenngrad light meter and metal carry case. Been given this camera by a friend and wondered if anyone knew the value or anyone would be interested in buying the camera?
Comment Image
RussV
Posted 28/07/2014 - 16:39 Link
The P50 is a 35mm film camera, a bit more sophisticated than the P30n, it has two program modes instead of one and can take the MEII winder. I have one but haven't used it in years. They go for about £20 on Ebay. None of it is worth much. The lens is the most likely to sell if in good condition.
Edited by RussV: 28/07/2014 - 16:40
johnha
Posted 28/07/2014 - 23:58 Link
The P50 has two program modes 'Action' (running man) and 'Depth' (mountains) displayed as pictograms on the LCD and also had Manual mode. It was the first camera to have pictogram program modes.

There should be a small triangular grip attached to the front left (as seen from the front) which has to be removed to fit the winder. The winder in the photo is a 3rd party MEII clone (probably Jessops branded with a crude intervalometer). The camera will also take the Motordrive-A (approx. 3fps).

The camera, if in good condition, is better than (say) an ME Super, is mostly metal with a decent finder, but sadly not likely to be worth more than £30.

The light meter might generate some interest on ebay from the 'hipsters' but they were cheap when new. The Cobra flash looks dedicated (multiple pins on the hotshoe), if this is for Pentax (likely) it may be a D400. The D400 is a good flash for the camera and all Pentax SLRs, especially the 'A' series film SLRs.

Rather than sell it straight away, I'd be tempted to run a film through it first.

Hope this helps.

John.
Peter Elgar
Posted 31/07/2014 - 12:35 Link
Yes -- I keep get GIVEN loads of gear as they know it 'goes to a Good Home' and I clean it all up load with some outdated films and go out into the High Street doing 'Street Photography' and USE it !! ( Latest FREE Gear : CONTAX RTS II Quartz + 2 winders, two flashes, Yashica FR1 + 28, 50, 70-210 mm lenses + winder etc etc )
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.