Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Just serviced

womble
Posted 26/05/2014 - 20:03 Link
Last January when I was last in the US I sent four cameras, two motordrives and a dial data back to Eric Hendrickson for some TLC. They arrived back at a friend's in Ohio in February and have been waiting for my next trip to the US to collect them. I was finally reunited with them last week. Here is a smap shot of of them taken in my hotel room with some lenses I had with me (Super A with a A50/1.4, black MX with an M40/2.8 pancake, silver MX with a K28/3.5 shift and a early black Spotmatic with a Super Takumar 55mm f/2). The rest of the unboxing sequence is on my ipernity account for those that like that sort of thing. I have already put two rolls of Ektar 100 through the Super A and have some APX100 in the black MX.

Comment Image

Unboxing (9) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 26/05/2014 - 21:05 Link
Very nice. I have a K2 waiting in Edinburgh to be sent for repair/service somewhere.

How do you find the APX 100? I haven't tried it yet but the Flickr APX group is impressive.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
bwlchmawr
Posted 26/05/2014 - 21:06 Link
A lovely line-up indeed Kris, featuring two of my favourite Pentaxes of all time (the Spotmatic and MX). Of course, the K10D remains my very favourite...
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
womble
Posted 26/05/2014 - 22:02 Link
Hi Andrew. The 'silver' MX I've had a while but it developed a fault which was luckily just needing some lubrication. The black MX I got as part of a large job lot a while back but I had never used it because it was in need of a service. The bumper foam was hanging off and the light seals were just goo. I'm very pleased to have the two MXs now as I can have colour film in one and BW in the other. I've never used an original Spottie so that is a treat to come. Apparently it is one of the early models. I think I bought the Super A probably five or six years ago but again never used it as it needed a service although cosmetically looked great. Eric has done a superb job with them!

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
bjolester
Posted 27/05/2014 - 10:41 Link
Great collection of "heavy metall"! The black Spotmatic looks magnificent, I have not seen all many black versions of the original Spotmatic.

I have recently started using my KX, which was sevices by Harrow Technical some time ago. I must say I prefer the KX to my MX, due to the slightly larger body and also the light meter design in the viewfinder.

Bjørn
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
Dobbe
Posted 15/06/2014 - 10:22 Link
What a nice picture of these 'oldies'! Wish I had some time to buy and try some of them. Have fun with them.
doingthebobs
Posted 15/06/2014 - 10:44 Link
Lovely set there Kris.

I've heard of Eric Hendrickson and his services. I understand his work is well thought of but does it gets too expensive to use him by post?
Bob
womble
Posted 16/06/2014 - 20:44 Link
Hi Bob,

for various reasons I go to the states a few times a year. I saved on the postage by taking these with me at New Year and posting them to him then, and collecting them from a friend in Ohio on my next trip.

A single camera seems to be not too bad -- he revamped my ESII nicely and posted it back to the UK -- but I was guessing four cameras and a couple of motordrives might be a bit much!

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear

My website
gartmore
Posted 17/07/2014 - 13:44 Link
bjolester wrote:
Great collection of "heavy metall"! The black Spotmatic looks magnificent, I have not seen all many black versions of the original Spotmatic.

I have recently started using my KX, which was sevices by Harrow Technical some time ago. I must say I prefer the KX to my MX, due to the slightly larger body and also the light meter design in the viewfinder.

Bjørn

Love the 'heavy metal' description!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.