Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K50 on Auto goes on movie mode

Johnlw
Posted 19/09/2014 - 21:47 Link
Hi I bought a K50 just over a year ago and until the the last week have never used the Auto Mode on the top dial
On using Auto last week I found that the camera goes into movie mode. Can anyone help me with this.
At first I thought that I must have put the camera into movie mode but I now find that it works on movie mode on both settings.
Please help.
Regards John.
Edited by Johnlw: 19/09/2014 - 21:48
SteveLedger
Posted 19/09/2014 - 22:23 - Helpful Comment Link
Sounds like a mode dial issue.
You could work the dial back and forth a few times, if that fails try resetting the camera to factory defaults.
Johnlw
Posted 20/09/2014 - 10:13 Link
Thanks for that Sledger I've tried resetting the camera and moving the Mode Dial unfortunately that didn't work.
Regards John.
fritzthedog
Posted 20/09/2014 - 11:46 Link
Just a thought but as the movie mode is next to the auto mode on the dial - what happens when you set to movie mode?

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Johnlw
Posted 20/09/2014 - 12:24 Link
Hi Fritzthedog if I put the setting to movie mode it works as it should. When I change it back to Auto it stays on Movie.
Thanks for your response.
Regards John.
Johnlw
Posted 20/09/2014 - 20:35 Link
Just to let you know I have found the problem both Auto and SCN modes only work between the Auto and SCN on the dial
In the actual auto position the camera plays movie and in the SCN position plays U1. So I can now use Auto and SCN but can't lock them in position. Obviously a manufacturing fault but as the camera is now a month out of its warranty I will just have to put up with it.
My previous Pentax lasted me 30 year without any faults I guess those days are gone.
Regards John.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.