Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Lightroom camera profiles HELP!!

bettyswolloks
Posted 04/10/2013 - 21:06 Link
Hello all, I've been trying to locate the location of the camera profiles for Lightroom, the DCP files. I've located all the ones that come with it, all the canon Nikon etc etc and the pentax set K10/20/7 but no K5. I deleted everything but the pentax, created a folder for the 5 and put in the dcp files I want to use, did this all over the HDD. Now when I go to profile settings in LR all that has been achieved is that the adobe standard profile has gone and only embedded is there, I've only ever had 2. I have 5 K5 profiles I want to try/use but for the life of me I cant get the ruddy things to appear inside of LR. The interweb tells me that they should all be located in
C:UsersMyUserNameAppDataRoamingAdobeCameraRawCameraProfiles
crogram FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop LightroomResourcesCameraProfiles
and that's where I should put them to have them available in LR.

Its slowly driving me mad folks!!
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
aliengrove
Posted 04/10/2013 - 21:46 Link
They should be in C: Program files (not x86 if you have a 64 bit machine)> Adobe> Adobe Photoshop Lightroom> Resources> Camera Profiles> Camera. At least that's where they are on my Windows 8 computer.

What profiles are you trying to use?
Edited by aliengrove: 04/10/2013 - 21:46
bettyswolloks
Posted 04/10/2013 - 22:47 Link
aliengrove wrote:

What profiles are you trying to use?

That was my problem, some I was given for the K5, I now know that they wouldn't work! I've been playing with the adobe dng editor and I think I've cracked it They are in the username/etc etc etc location I mention above. Now I'm gunna spend the weekend looking for that colour checker chart I clod somewhere!!
Thanx AG
richandfleur
Posted 10/10/2013 - 20:25 Link
From memory they only apply to RAW format files, although there was a setting you could modify in the profile file that made them available for JPEG also? I'm not entirely sure.
bettyswolloks
Posted 12/10/2013 - 11:11 Link
I only have profiles available for raw files, which makes sense really.

I'm glad I stuck with it, I now have a default raw profile that I'm more than happy with
stevejcoe
Posted 12/10/2013 - 14:25 Link
richandfleur wrote:
From memory they only apply to RAW format files, although there was a setting you could modify in the profile file that made them available for JPEG also? I'm not entirely sure.

FYI, there are over 20 profiles for JPGs available to download via the Adobe Profile downloader.

Regards - Steve

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.