Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax 645Z Photos

joshwa
Posted 25/07/2014 - 11:36 Link
Hi,

We've got the Pentax 645Z in the office... and have posted some full-size photos from the camera here:

https://www.pentaxuser.com/review/pentax-645z-full-size-sample-photos-831

Cheers,

Josh
Lü
Posted 25/07/2014 - 11:59 Link
Wow.
As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
McGregNi
Posted 25/07/2014 - 13:01 Link
Maybe they had to sell all their other Pentax cameras in order to get the 645z? Under those exceptional circumstances the Olympus pic might just be acceptable.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
johnriley
Posted 25/07/2014 - 13:27 Link
Apologies to DrOrloff, I had to remove that post because the long EXIF wasn't wrapping and it was causing a problem.

In essence, Adrian was pointing out that the picture of the 645N was taken using an Olympus camera. Presumably tongue-in-cheek he was suggesting this meant we were lifting the Pentax-only rule.....
DrOrloff
Posted 25/07/2014 - 15:46 Link
No worries here is an abridged version.

The image of a Pentax 645Z was captured by:

EXIF IFD0

Image Description = OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Camera Make = OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera Model = E-M5

Lens Specification = 45-45mm F2.8-2.8
Lens Model = LEICA DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45/F2.8

Not really tongue in cheek. It is the forum policy that images taken with non Pentax cameras are removed. So this image should be removed. A second point is that is a shoot yourself in the foot piece of marketing. It would seem that other promotional images elsewhere have been taken with a Hasselblad.

If I worked for Pentax I would use Pentax equipment to take all promotional images. I think that is a basic piece of common sense. Pentax marketing is pretty clueless at times and this is a prime example.
johnriley
Posted 25/07/2014 - 16:55 Link
It should have been tongue-in-cheek. This is the camera that EPZ have for review and it was shot with whatever they had to hand. I think most people would understand that this has nothing to do with forum policy. In the limited time available, it would be ridiculous to take a second series of images just for this forum. They are not promotional images and are not taken by Pentax.

I hope that clears it up.
Best regards, John
McGregNi
Posted 25/07/2014 - 19:18 Link
Hence my wry comment about 'them' selling all their other Pentax's ... See, that's one of the enduring strong points of this forum - endless comedy and dry humour moments
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Edited by McGregNi: 25/07/2014 - 19:19
doingthebobs
Posted 26/07/2014 - 00:49 Link
Clifton cameras were showing off the 645z last Monday. Managed to take a couple of pictures away.
Jpeg straight from the camera.
Comment Image

This is a crop from the center of the frame.

Comment Image

Just have to work out how to afford one!
Bob
K10D
Posted 26/07/2014 - 04:57 Link
Bob,

With all due respect, based on the above images, don't rush in too quick as these are not good examples of what the camera can do. I'm struggling to see what you focussed on.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
johnriley
Posted 26/07/2014 - 08:02 Link
It is looking pretty exciting though, even more so now that pricing is starting at levels that are much more within reach. Still out of reach for me at this moment, but who knows, one day it might be possible.

I hope so.
Best regards, John
Algernon
Posted 26/07/2014 - 09:55 Link
Bob's shots are at f/4.5

This one looks very good..... 15MB file......

http://www.pdnonline.com/static/content_images/Pentax_Model_test_1.jpg

Two other shots from same site are on Ricehigh's site.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
doingthebobs
Posted 26/07/2014 - 20:41 Link
K10D wrote:
Bob,

With all due respect, based on the above images, don't rush in too quick as these are not good examples of what the camera can do. I'm struggling to see what you focused on.

Best regards

I'm sure they are not the best that the 645Z can do!
I must admit to just taking the camera out of the shop door and firing away. (I was invited to, honest!)

The focus point was set to auto and I can't remember where it decided to focus. Although fairly similar to other Pentax cameras, some controls are different and I don't think there is a quick dial to change it. I have a feeling the manual will be a bit of a read!
Bob
K10D
Posted 27/07/2014 - 01:59 Link
doingthebobs wrote:
K10D wrote:
Bob,

With all due respect, based on the above images, don't rush in too quick as these are not good examples of what the camera can do. I'm struggling to see what you focused on.

Best regards

I'm sure they are not the best that the 645Z can do!
I must admit to just taking the camera out of the shop door and firing away. (I was invited to, honest!)

The focus point was set to auto and I can't remember where it decided to focus. Although fairly similar to other Pentax cameras, some controls are different and I don't think there is a quick dial to change it. I have a feeling the manual will be a bit of a read!

Keeping control under such situations is part of being a photographer Bob. At least you remembered to take the safety off!

I would recommend that you return to the shop and re-assert your authority having checked the settings, purely on the grounds of partial addiction and wishful thinking etc.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
doingthebobs
Posted 27/07/2014 - 08:34 Link
I think the excitement got the better of me! 😂

I dont think the camera will be there, it was a special one day promotion for Pentax, the camera was brought in for the day by the pentax man. The 645z was on show but to buy on you have to order, apparently they can't make them fast enough!

They also had the rebranded Ricoh WG compacts and the Theta 360 camera. The Theta was very interesting. The camera itself is just a small box with two fisheye lenses back to back. The interesting bit is when you have a play wi the image on the computer. Quite fascinating what is possible.
Bob
richandfleur
Posted 28/04/2015 - 20:58 Link
Just saw this video on tethering the 645Z to lightroom. Might be of interest to some.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.