Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

What should I send back?

AndrewA
Posted 04/12/2013 - 17:49 Link
I have to return my K5 to SRS for it to go back to Pentax for a check over as the pop up flash doesn't work.

I have read of things occasionally not coming back as they went i.e. things missing from the box on return, so I am tempted to only send the body back in the box and keep everything else here.

What have others done when returning their camera bodies?

Thanks
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Mike-P
Posted 04/12/2013 - 17:53 Link
Whenever I send things back to anyone it's normally just the item and nothing else. I rarely use the original box unless absolutely necessary.
AndrewA
Posted 04/12/2013 - 18:24 Link
Mike-P wrote:
Whenever I send things back to anyone it's normally just the item and nothing else. I rarely use the original box unless absolutely necessary.

Good point Mike, I have a box and lots of bubble wrap!
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link
SteveEveritt
Posted 04/12/2013 - 19:46 Link
SRS asked for just the body of my 5iis when it went back for mirror not lifting and displaying Battery Depleted on the rear screen even though it had a fully charged battery. A brand new replacement arrived a few weeks later.
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Edited by SteveEveritt: 04/12/2013 - 19:46
AndrewA
Posted 04/12/2013 - 20:50 Link
SteveEveritt wrote:
SRS asked for just the body of my 5iis when it went back for mirror not lifting and displaying Battery Depleted on the rear screen even though it had a fully charged battery. A brand new replacement arrived a few weeks later.

Just the body has been packed!
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.