Compact Pentax Optio LS465 Announced
Pentax announce the new multi-coloured Optio LS465 digital compact camera.
The Optio LS465 is much smaller and lighter than conventional compact cameras without compromising on image quality. The LS465 weights just 104g with dimensions of 10.2 x 4.6 x 1.8cm making its unique compact body the perfect pocket sized camera. The user can easily change the camera’s appearance to match their style, mood or occasion by simply attaching one of the 10 stylish acrylic inserts included with the camera. It features 16 effective megapixels, a 5X optical zoom lens with a 28mm wide-angle coverage, and full HD movie recording.
By combining size and style with a host of imaging tools, the Optio LS465 makes high-quality digital photography fun and effortless.
The Optio LS465 is available in: Sapphire black, Ruby pink and Amethyst purple from mid-June 2012, at the RRP of £89.99. For more information, please visit the Pentax website.
- Ultra-compact, super-lightweight body - Thanks to its newly developed, smaller 5X optical zoom lens unit and ultra-thin 2.7-inch wide-screen LCD monitor, the Optio LS465 is very small. Its horizontally extended, low profile design not only has a more fashionable appearance than conventional models, but it also fits comfortably in a small coat pocket or bag, making it the perfect camera for all types of photography — from everyday snapshots to holiday photos.
- High-quality images - The Optio LS465 delivers sharp, high-quality images, thanks to the combination of exceptional image resolution assured by 16 effective megapixels, a state-of-the-art imaging engine and the high-performance smc Pentax zoom lens. Even when images are enlarged to poster size, the prints are beautiful and high-resolution with excellent edge-to-edge sharpness.
- 5x optical zoom lens with 28mm wide-angle coverage - The Optio LS465 features a 5X optical zoom lens covering focal lengths from 5.1mm to 25.5mm (equivalent to a 28mm wide angle to 140mm telephoto in the 35mm format). The Intelligent Zoom function further extends the camera’s zoom range to approximately 36 times without compromising image quality.
- User-friendly Auto Picture mode - The Optio LS465 features the Pentax-original Auto Picture mode, which automatically selects the most appropriate shooting mode for a given subject or scene by accurately and instantly assessing various photographic conditions affecting the subject. This user-friendly mode instantly selects one of 14 scene modes, including Portrait, Blue Sky and Sunset, and optimises camera settings such as sensitivity and shutter speed to assure the best result with minimal effort.
- Automatic face detection with creative tools - The Optio LS465 features the advanced Face Detection AF&AE function, which instantly and accurately detects human faces within the image field, then optimises focus and exposure settings. It also offers other handy tools designed for the easy capture of beautiful, lively snapshots and portraits, including: the Smile Capture mode, which automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject’s smile; and the Natural Skin mode, which gives the subject a smooth, healthy skin tone.
- High-quality HD-standard movie recording with pushbutton start - The Optio LS465 provides HD movie recording function* for the capture of high-quality movie clips (1280 x 720 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio) at a frame rate of approximately 30 frames per second. With the independent movie recording button on the camera’s back panel, the user can switch to the movie recording mode from any shooting mode without delay. It also comes equipped with the sophisticated Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode**, which automatically counters any camera shake during movie shooting.
- A variety of imaging processing tools for creative visual expression - The Optio LS465 offers a choice of nine distinctive digital filters, such as Toy Camera (lomo effect) and Retro, for the easy processing of images without the use of a computer. For more creative photographers, users can select the Miniature filter to turn a scene into an image full of miniature models, or the HDR filter to add a painting-like finishing touch.
- Easy-to-replace covers included to match any occasion - Thanks to an easy-to-remove transparent acrylic panel placed on the front of the camera, the user can easily and quickly change the Optio LS465’s appearance. Just place one of 10 inserts between the panel and the camera body and fix the panel using a removable lens ring. The camera’s front panel is made of high-quality aluminium with an elegant finish, giving it a stylish, refined appearance.
- Extra-wide, easy-to-view 2.7-inch LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots
- Direct recharge system, for the convenience of a recharge stand of a mobile phone
- A choice of three image sizes (4:3, 16:9 and 1:1)
- Single-action switching to playback mode by holding the playback button
- Green mode to automatically optimise all camera settings (exposure, sensitivity, etc.) for a given subject/scene
- Image viewing, editing and filing software included: MediaImpression 3.1 for Pentax (Windows version compatible with Windows 7); MediaImpression 2.1 for Pentax (Macintosh version compatible with Mac OS X 10.7)
|Max Aperture||No Data|
|35mm equivalent||28mm - 140mm|
|CCD pixels||16Mp (Megapixels)|
|Sensor Size (width)||No Data|
|Sensor Size (height)||No Data|
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/1200sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||4sec|
|ISO sensitivity||64 - 6400|
|Continuous shooting||No Data|
|Optical Zoom with Video||No|
|Image Stabilisation||No Data|
|Box Contents||USB cable, Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, Battery Adaptater, Alternative Skin (10 types)|