'47406' was built by the Vulcan Foundry. First based at Warrington and Crewe South, in 1928 she started an long period of work at Carnforth, which lasted for 32 years. From 1960 many more allocations were made, ending at Edge Hill in 1967. Delivered to Woodham Brothers in the summer of 1968, all mechanical parts had been sold by the time she was rescued by the Rowsley Locomotive Trust in 1983. In 1989, owner Roger Hibbert took her to Loughborough, where restoration was completed in early 2010. Boiler ticket expires in 2019.
Sigma 55-200 DC lens (at 55mm)
cable release/ bracket system
Pseudo-HDR created from 3 split_RAW processed TIFFs (at -2, 0, +2 ev equivalents) in Photomatix Pro 3.26
Further work in Adobe Photoshop 6.0