1. Pentax User is not responsible for the behaviour of any Users of the Forum. Due to the nature of the internet the Forum is accessible by persons in all parts of the world and Users should treat all Forum content with appropriate caution. Pentax User does not operate a policy of reviewing messages which are posted on the Forum.
2. However Pentax User reserves the right to edit or remove any material posted on the Forum at its discretion and in particular if Pentax User considers that material is offensive or is the subject of a complaint by another User. Users should be aware that Pentax User does not generally monitor Forum content.
3a. Do not use the forums to post any kind of advertising link to your business. Any threads which we feel are a breach of this rule will be deleted.
3b. The active promotion of charity, fundraising or business events in the forums cannot ordinarily be allowed. Where members aim to run an event that will involve asking participants for money it should be noted that you must first contact the site before starting a forum thread, any forum threads started without consent will be deleted.
3c. Links to commercial website in which the member has an interest will only be allowed if relevant to the discussion. Where a thread is started on the premise of getting free advertising the thread may be deleted. We respectfully request that members do not ask friends or acquaintances to promote their businesses on their behalf, if we suspect such action is being taken we may consider the option of removing all profiles associated with this practice.
3d. Links to commercial website in which the member has no interest and linking to other information resources are allowed except where there is a legal or moral issue and subject to compliance of other T&Cs.
3e. Links to non-photographic sites allowed providing there is no legal or moral issue and does not breach other T&Cs.
3f. Links to direct competitor of Pentax User is only allowed where information can be seen to be relevant to a topic - a link to relevant article may be allowed. At no time can a link to a direct competitor of Pentax User be allowed for any other reason.
3g. Please keep discussion to Pentax or Pentax releated subjects and images. Images taken with other brandes may be linked to if of Pentax-releated interest.
4. Pentax User reserves the right to edit or change Forum titles to improve their clarity and usefulness on the site.
5. Please do not type your message in Upper Case this is seen as shouting and rude.
6. Users may not post any material on the Forum which is in breach of any applicable civil or criminal law or regulation (including in particular laws relating to obscene and pornographic publications and libel) or which could be considered offensive, threatening or misleading in any way.
8. Pentax User has no responsibility for the completeness, truth or accuracy of any material posted on the Forum by Users. Forum content which is contributed by Users does not constitute any advice, representation or recommendation on the part of Pentax User.
9. Users (i) release Pentax User from any liability arising out of any material included on the Forum which is posted by Users; and (ii) will indemnify Pentax User against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these terms by the User.
11. The creation of multiple identities, unless expressly authorised by Pentax User staff is not permitted. Pentax User reserves the right to disable any members accounts who they suspect of such activity.
12. Foul or abusive language, flaming and the discussion of illegal activities is not tolerated on Pentax User. Any user who is, through their actions or events, found to be detrimental to the site or the good community spirit...will have their account suspended or terminated without notice and we may report such activty to their Internet Service Provider or relevant authorities. Likewise iIf, after any such ban, the user re-enters the site under a different identity and carries on with such behaviour.
15. We reserve the right to edit forum comments that include links to other web sites when we think the link is not appropriate and could affect our business or reputation.
16. Please do not use the forums to link to your profile or website as a self promotional tool. If a member wants to view your profile they can do so simply by clicking on your user name, if you want them to visit your website you can put a link to it in your profile.
17. Excerpts of e-mails will be removed. E-mails are generally meant for the recipient only and should not be posted or discussed on Pentax User. If you have an issue with any of the e-mail's Pentax User or an Pentax User member of staff have sent, please contact one of the team.
18. Pentax User moderators views and comments do not always reflect the opinions of Pentax User.
19. Any discussion of moderator actions, or actions of Pentax User staff on the Pentax User.com website, may at our discretion, be removed. However, we always welcome dialogue about such actions via e-mail or PM.
20. Signatures in gallery or forum postings, may only contain your name. Any other information, such as quotes or URLs will be edited by our moderators or one of the Pentax User team. The proper place for this information is on your portfolio page.
You should be aware that Pentax User operates a warning and banning system. Members breaking the T&Cs may be subject to this system and failure to comply with a warning may result in a ban.
This disclaimer was last updated on 17/11/2011